Visa Information for Conference Travel to the USA

If you need an invitation letter for NETS please send the following information to the email with the subject line “NETS 2019 Invitation Letter.”

Full Name (exactly as it appears on your passport)
Prefix (Dr., Mr., Mrs., Ms., etc.)
Title (Scientist, Engineer, Professor, Graduate Student …)
Email address
Affiliation (Laboratory, Company, University …)
Full Address (street, city, state/province/region, postal/zip code, country)
Phone number
Additional comments (invited speaker, contributed speaker…


This information is provided for your convenience and may change. The only authoritative sources of travel information come from U.S. government websites (see links elsewhere on this page). Conference organizers cannot assume responsibility for the outcome of your visa application.

Countries Participating in the Visa Waver Program (VWP)

There are 38 countries that participate in the VWP. If your passport country is on that list, and you plan to be in the US for less than 90 days (and you have a valid passport that meets US requirements) you do not need a visa. Visit the VWP web page to see if your country is on that list.

How to Obtain a Visa

Apply for your visa as early as possible, as the application process can take up to six months or more. It is recommended you consult the US Embassy or Consulate website where you plan to submit your application.

Useful Links